Monday, September 24, 2007

If you had an inflow of Rs. 50,000 per day, for the rest of your life, and you earned this money without lifting a single finger - Would you still work?

My first reaction was that I would immediately resign and spend the rest of my life in contented idleness - sleeping late, shopping, reading, watching movies, partying, traveling etc etc etc. You get the basic idea.

My second reaction was that I would get utterly butterly bored within a week with such a lifestyle. I know for sure that I am the kind of person who cannot loll around 24/7. I guess I would probably buy myself a full booksho[p and then devote myself to some altruistic purpose like working with pro bono with some NGO or something along these lines. I would also defintely take a year off and go for a round-the-world trip :)

What would you do?

3 comments:

Arjun said...

I wouldn't need to do anything....
I'd also ersign and we could both take a year off!!

I'd get back to web design and my creative pursuits thereafter!!

... said...

I would have bought a bookshop,music cd shop,a gadget shop,an ice-cream shop...blah blah blah...
then..sleep sleep sleep...

thereafter,get to the grind!

Adi said...

invest it and live off the monthly interest... and then do a lot of the boring things you said...

i'll still download songs illegally though.. :P lol